Irrational Beliefs and Challenges #11 of 13 ~ Coaching 4 Health & Wellness

Monday, June 8, 2009

Irrational Beliefs and Challenges #11 of 13

Irrational Belief #11: People make me angry and drive me to overeating.

Challenges:
  • People sometimes act poorly but I can choose to tell myself that I cannot control how they act, but can only control how I react.
  • I can choose not to make myself angry at them and overeat.
  • My anger and my overeating are unrelated. I can control my anger and control my eating.
  • I can find other healthy things to do with my anger than eat.
  • I can take care of myself and my healthy by remaining calm.

Behavior: Keep a log of incidents of anger caused by others, then note how you challenged your irrational belief and how you successfully managed your food plan following the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker