Irrational Beliefs and Challenges #2 of 13 ~ Coaching 4 Health & Wellness

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Irrational Beliefs and Challenges #2 of 13

Irrational Belief #2: I must adhere to my food plan perfectly. Any lapses are catastrophes and mean I may as well give up managing my food.


Challenges:


  • I don’t want to lapse. But if I do, it does not mean that my food plan is a total failure.

  • I don’t have to be perfect in order to resume my efforts.

  • If I tell myself I prefer not to lapse, it will be easier for me to resume my efforts.

  • Lapses are normal and they happen to everyone.

  • Lapses don’t make me a failure.


Behavior: Identify and log the triggers that led to the lapse. Keep a log of what you did after a lapse to resume your food plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker